Thankfully Mother Nature was on her best behavior and made the most beautiful backdrop for this year’s “A Community Cooks,” the annual fundraiser for theÂ WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College. Hundreds of patrons enjoyed the beautiful landscape, blue skies, Â and tasty morsels from Dallas’ best culinary leaders. Music serenaded the group while noshing on beautiful presentations created with seasonal flavors from the farm like:
- Pan Seared Scallops with Fresh Asparagus Salad with Anchovy and Tomato Oil from 3015 at Trinity Groves
- Herbed Gulf Shrimp with Spring Vegetable Caponata and Roasted Red Pepper Butter from Sevy’s
- Grilled Cowboy Spinalis with Sweet Potato Risotto with Microgreens Slaw with Legends at Cowboys Stadium
- Confit Duck Cavatelli with English Peas, Wild Mushrooms, Market Vegetables with Parmesan
- Braised Texas Lamb and Spring Carrot Salad with Charred Green Onion Tahini and Goat Milk Ricotta
- Wagyu Bresaola with Marble Potatoes, Cucumber Celery, Dill & Mustard Vinaigrette
- Poteet Strawberry Gazpacho with Cucumbers, Red Bell and EVOO from FT33
- Braised Pork Belly with Pea Tendrils and Watermelon Radish from Oak
- Berkshire Pork Jowl Carnitas with Black Trumpet and Oaxaca Cheese Tamale, Avocado-Serrano Crema and Micro Cilantro from Komali
- Ginger Basil Gimlet with Tito’s Vodka from The Chesterfield
It was definitely a night to remember and should be enjoyed every year for such a great cause:
* Â To address the lack of affordable, healthy food options available to economically depressed areas in the City of Dallas.
* Â To create a replicable model for achieving sustainable urban re-development built around providing safe food options to economically depressed communities.
* Â To Â create a facility that will deliver preventative health care (that focuses on nutrition and exercise) to the underserved community surrounding the College.
Make sure to put this one your “SAVE THE DATE” for next year (mid April!)
â€œA Community Cooksâ€
WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College
For more info:Â http://www.facebook.com/PQCACommunityCooks