On Thursday, April 11 several of Dallasâ€™ premier culinary leaders come together for the third annual Â A Community CooksÂ at theÂ WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College.Â Â The event is an open-air, springtime grand tasting experience on a former football field with acclaimed culinary leaders serving locally grown organic ingredients from each of their pop-up kitchens.
Participating chefs include:
- Garreth Dickey,Â DISH Restaurant & Lounge
- Graham Dodds, Central 214
- Jason Ferraro, Hibiscus
- Jeff Harris, Bolsa
- Chad Houser, CafÃ© Momentum
- Orazio LaManna, Legends Hospitality/Dallas Cowboys Stadium
- Dan Landsberg, Dragonfly
- Brian Luscher,Â The Grape
- Jason Maddy, Oak
- Matt McCallister, FT33
- Janice Provost, Parigi
- Anastacia QuiÃ±ones, Komali
- Jim Severson, Sevyâ€™s
- Jon Stevens,Â Nosh
- Nathan Tate, Boulevardier
- Sharon Van Meter, 3015 at Trinity Groves
- Mark Wootton, Garden CafÃ©
- Eddie â€œLuckyâ€ Campbell, The ChesterfieldÂ
The menu includes Â seasonal vegetables complemented by wine, beer, and farm-inspired specialty cocktails.Â Â A Community CooksÂ attendees will also enjoy live entertainment.
Funds from the event benefit the WE Over Me Farm and to achieve its primary goals:
* Â To address the lack of affordable, healthy food options available to economically depressed areas in the City of Dallas.
* Â To create a replicable model for achieving sustainable urban re-development built around providing safe food options to economically depressed communities.
* Â To Â create a facility that will deliver preventative health care (that focuses on nutrition and exercise) to the underserved community surrounding the College.
â€œA Community Cooksâ€
April 11 at 6 p.m.
WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College
Tickets, $75 per person
To purchase tickets: http://www.prekindle.com/venue/paulquinn
For more info: http://www.facebook.com/PQCACommunityCooks