On Thursday, April 11 several of Dallas’ premier culinary leaders come together for the third annual A Community Cooks at the WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College. The event is an open-air, springtime grand tasting experience on a former football field with acclaimed culinary leaders serving locally grown organic ingredients from each of their pop-up kitchens.
Participating chefs include:
- Garreth Dickey, DISH Restaurant & Lounge
- Graham Dodds, Central 214
- Jason Ferraro, Hibiscus
- Jeff Harris, Bolsa
- Chad Houser, Café Momentum
- Orazio LaManna, Legends Hospitality/Dallas Cowboys Stadium
- Dan Landsberg, Dragonfly
- Brian Luscher, The Grape
- Jason Maddy, Oak
- Matt McCallister, FT33
- Janice Provost, Parigi
- Anastacia Quiñones, Komali
- Jim Severson, Sevy’s
- Jon Stevens, Nosh
- Nathan Tate, Boulevardier
- Sharon Van Meter, 3015 at Trinity Groves
- Mark Wootton, Garden Café
- Eddie “Lucky” Campbell, The Chesterfield
The menu includes seasonal vegetables complemented by wine, beer, and farm-inspired specialty cocktails. A Community Cooks attendees will also enjoy live entertainment.
Funds from the event benefit the WE Over Me Farm and to achieve its primary goals:
* To address the lack of affordable, healthy food options available to economically depressed areas in the City of Dallas.
* To create a replicable model for achieving sustainable urban re-development built around providing safe food options to economically depressed communities.
* To create a facility that will deliver preventative health care (that focuses on nutrition and exercise) to the underserved community surrounding the College.
“A Community Cooks”
April 11 at 6 p.m.
WE Over Me Farm at Paul Quinn College
Tickets, $75 per person
To purchase tickets: http://www.prekindle.com/venue/paulquinn
For more info: http://www.facebook.com/PQCACommunityCooks