The recent April showers have brought beautiful May flowers. Enjoy the nice weather, and these food and drink specials, throughout the month of May!
Clay Pigeon Food and Drink unveils spring menu (Fort Worth)
Clay Pigeon Food and Drink in Fort Worth has released its new spring menu, with dishes that include inventive takes on Texan comfort classics and even inspirations from Asia.
Dishes include a Pork Belly Confit Flatbread with roasted garlic, gruyere cheese, and that ever so fleeting darling of spring, ramps. The â€œstick to your ribsâ€ fare that is synonymous with Texas is represented at Clay Pigeon by a Crispy Quail Roulade (pictured below, left) with either a spring vegetable and potato hash or blue corn and blue cheese grits. The diverse menu also boasts Prime Beef Tartare (pictured below, right) with quail egg, pickled radish, horseradish, and salsa verde, and a Spicy Seafood Hot Pot with coconut, curry, citrus, local Cartermere Farm greens, and jasmine rice.
Yogurtland opens at Galleria Dallas
Yogurtland, the popular self-serve frozen yogurt shop, opened its 16th DFW-area store at Galleria Dallas. Yogurtland is located near the ice rink.Â Paying by the ounce, guests can choose among 16 yogurt flavors and more than 60 fruit and premium toppings to create their own delicious frozen treat and top it off their way.
Kin Kin Urban Thai launches $7 lunchÂ specials
Kin Kin Urban Thai, created by Chef Eddy T.,Â has launched a series of affordable daily lunch specials. Each weekday, Kin Kin will offer aÂ differentÂ $7 lunch special that rotates daily. Specials include:
- Monday – Pad Thai Chicken
- Tuesday – Thai Beef Noodle Soup
- Wednesday – Chicken Satay Wrap
- Thursday – Red Curry Chicken
- Friday – Chef’s Chopped Salad with Chicken
Gordon Biersch freshens up spring menu with new entrees and brings back Maibock Lager
Gordon BierschÂ is celebrating spring with its annual Maibock promotion and featured menu for a limited-time. Now through May 17, guests can enjoy Gordon Bierschâ€™s Maibock, a strong Einbecker-style lager with a bronzed bounty of warming caramel malt, balanced to perfection with noble Hersbrucker hops.
Gordon Bierschâ€™s limited-time menu of new dishes includes:
- Spinach, Fruit & Nut SaladÂ â€“ Baby spinach tossed in Gordon Bierschâ€™s lemon vinaigrette and served with dried cherries, minced pears, goat cheese, blueberries, raspberries, spiced pecans and sweet yellow peppers, sprinkled with toasted almonds.
- Beef Tenderloin SaladÂ â€“ Marinated beef filet grilled to your liking atop fresh baby spinach tossed in warm bacon vinaigrette and topped with avocado, tomatoes, gorgonzola cheese, roasted pancetta and crispy onions.
- Prosciutto & Fig FlatbreadÂ â€“ Fresh herbs, mozzarella and gorgonzola cheeses, diced chardonnay-marinated figs, shaved prosciutto and arugula tossed with Gordon Bierschâ€™s MÃ¤rzen balsamic vinaigrette.
- Pepper-crusted Filet MedallionsÂ â€“ Two marinated filet medallions grilled to your liking, smothered with roasted crimini mushrooms, caramelized onions, bleu cheese sauce and crumbled gorgonzola cheese. Served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus.
- Pecan-buttered SwordfishÂ â€“ Swordfish steak rubbed with Gordon Bierschâ€™s house seasoning blend, then grilled and smothered in pecan butter and garnished with spiced pecans. Served with a choice of two sides.
- Gastro PubÂ BurgerÂ â€“ Choice of steakburger or kobe beef burger with Bacon jam, housemade bleu cheese sauce, mixed greens, tomato, gorgonzola cheese and sweet caramelized onions.
- Vanilla CrÃ¨me BrÃ»lÃ©eÂ Â â€“ Traditional custard served chilled and topped with caramelized sugar and accompanied by fresh strawberries, blueberries and a housemade shortbread cookie dusted with powdered sugar.
Pie Five opensÂ Lewisville location on May 1
On Friday, May 1, pizza lovers in the Lewisville will get a new way of experiencing their favorite meal. Pie Five, the leading fast casual pizza chain, is quickly expanding in its home market with its first location in Lewisville. This makes the 14th location in DFW.
To celebrate the new Pie Five location (4600 S.H. 121), 20 percent of dinner sales from May 4 to May 7will be donated to the East Zone of Lewisville Independent School District.Â On Friday, May 8, the restaurant will offer one free pizza per person from 6 p.m. â€“ 8 p.m. and will present a check to Lewisville ISD.
Special whole belly clams at Sea Breeze this weekend
For this weekend only (April 30 – May 3), Sea Breeze will offer whole belly clams two different ways:
- New England Clam Roll — $16.99
- Whole Belly Fried Clam Plate — $24.99
Cook Hall offers Kentucky-style specials during annual horse race, May 2
Throw on those Kentucky Derby suits and dresses, topped with your biggest hat, and join Cook Hall at the W Hotel Dallas for a horse-racing celebration. TheÂ race will air live on their TVs, and guests can enjoy off-the-menu â€œKentuckyâ€ specials, such as theÂ Smoked Bacon Derby cocktail (smoked bacon-washed bourbon, fresh pineapple and mint Â for $13) and theÂ Kentucky Hot Brown entree (roasted turkey, smoked bacon, topped with Mornay sauce and cheese for $14).
For reservations, please call 214-397-4111. Complimentary valet parking is available at the hotel front entrance.
Eureka! West Village celebrates National Star Wars Day, May 4
On Monday, May 4th, starting at 11 a.m.,Â Eureka!Â will celebrate National Star Wars Day the only way we know how, by partnering withÂ Green Flash Brewing CompanyÂ and tapping a dark beer and two “hoppy” beers.
“Give yourself to the dark side” withÂ Green Flash’s Double Stout and Serrano StoutÂ and/orÂ experienceÂ “Hoppy” beer including Hop Head Red,Â Mosaic Session IPA, andÂ Peticolas Operation Collaboration.“Good in this beer, there is.Â Taste it, I can.”
Table 13 in Addison offers up Mother’s Day specials, May 11
On Motherâ€™s Day, May 11, Table 13 Addison will provide the perfect place to treat Mom to some remarkable food and top-notch entertainment.
Table 13 will offer a special Motherâ€™s Day menu served all day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., an exquisite three-course meal for $39.95. Beginning with a choice of Spinach Salad, Lobster Bisque, Tomato Soup or a House Salad, guests can then pick from a wide variety of delicious entrÃ©es, followed by a dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Visit the website for more details.Â
Sea Breeze’s monthly cooking classes, May 17 and May 31
Plano’s Sea Breeze Fish Market & Grill will host its popular cooking classes once again this month! Catch the classes on May 17 and/or May 31. Classes are $50 per person. CallÂ (972) 473 – CRAB (2722) for details and to sign up.
Proof + Pantry debuts “Beats + Brunch” on Sundays
Proof + Pantry will step up Sunday Funday this spring with â€œBeats + Brunch.â€ Tunes by seasoned music producer and DJ, JT Donaldson, will amp up the brunch experience this spring. â€œBeats + Brunchâ€ will bring guests together to celebrate decadent food, drinks and music and will transform Proof + Pantryâ€™s European-inspired brunch into the ultimate chic Sunday party complete with porrons on porrons of rose. The event takes place every Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.Â For reservations, visit http://www.opentable.com/
New spring menu items at Brick House Tavern + Tap
Brick Houseâ€™s new menu additions and daily and seasonal specials will be available at all 23 locations nationwide throughout spring. Check out what’s new!
- Asian Duck WrapsÂ â€“Â The wraps feature duck confit sautÃ©ed with shaved carrots, Napa cabbage, cilantro and shiitake mushrooms with house-made hoisin, crispy wonton strips, chili mustard sauce and bibb lettuce.
- MoroccanÂ Stacked DipÂ â€“ A savory combination of white bean puree, harissa, yogurt, oven-roasted tomatoes, smashed avocados, smoked cheddar and chopped olives served with grilled naan bread.
- Smoked Salmon SaladÂ â€“ House-smoked salmon, grilled zucchini, pickled red onions, crispy capers, queso fresco, candied bacon, mint and smoked pecans on a spring lettuce blend, topped with green goddess dressing
- Bison PizzaÂ â€“ House-made bison and beef sausage, marinara, mozzarella, queso fresco, candied bacon, red onions, fresh cilantro topped with jalapeno cilantro mayo on hand-rolled, fresh-baked pizza dough.
- Sirloin Steak TipsÂ (available only on Tuesdays) â€“ House-cut sirloin marinated for 24 hours, scratch-made wild mushroom and onion gravy and crispy shallots served with a half twice-baked potato with seared smoked cheddar.
- French MuleÂ â€“ A crisp combination of Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka, ginger liqueur, lemon and champagne
- Texas Ruby MuleÂ â€“ Another refreshing concoction featuring Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, Prairie Cucumber Vodka, grapefruit, lime and ginger beer
- Rebel MuleÂ â€“ Beer with a kick, comprised of Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka, orange and Samuel Adams Rebel IPA.
Spring menu items now available at Pinstack
Pinstack, the newÂ dining and entertainment venue in Plano, has introduced their newly-available seasonal menu. The new menu is made up of unique PinstackÂ creations – see below!
- Stack Mac Burger:Â Pinstack’s signature burger, fried mac & cheese, tomato sauce
- Loaded Potato Skins:Â Sour cream, cheese, bacon, scallions
- Party Platter:Â Wings, mac & cheese pops, loaded potato skins, fried mozzarella, tortilla chips & roasted jalapeno salsa
- Spring Greens Salad:Â Goat cheese, candied pecans, sliced grapes, champagne vinaigrette
- Caprese Salad:Â Fresh mozzarella, beefsteak tomatoes, basil, EVOO, smoked sea salt
- Alfredo Pizza:Â Chicken, spinach, housemade alfredo
- BBQ Brisket:Â Sweet Baby Rayâ€™s BBQ sauce, queso fresco, cilantro
- 12-oz Ribeye:Â With loaded potato skins
- Bacon-wrapped Tenderloin Medallions:Goat cheese mashed potatoes, hollandaise
- BlackenedÂ Mahi Mahi:Â Pineapple pico, sweet chile sauce, steamed jasmine rice
The Ivy Tavern launches new menus, names Andrew Kelley exec. chef
Lemmon Avenue hotspot, The Ivy Tavern has named Andrew Kelley Executive Chef of the eatery and launches a new menu available for lunch and dinner showcasing crisp salads, bar food, burgers, sandwiches and build-your-own pizzas.
New fare includes The Blue Indian, an all-natural Bison patty topped with red onion, blue cheese, bacon and buffalo sauce and The Good Smoke burger with smoked Gouda, chipotle, BBQ sauce and red onion.
CiboDivino opens in Oak Cliff
A new shop in Oak Cliff opened this month offering Italian eatery, a market and bar. Called CiboDivino Marketplace and Caffe, this establishment is located in Oak Cliffâ€™s Sylvan Thirty.
Owned and operated by Chef Daniele and Christina Puleo, the marketplace features cases of prepared Italian foods including Panini sandwiches, handmade pastas, assorted salads, appetizers, entrees and desserts, charcuterie and cheese trays as well as private label legumes, olive oils, vinegars, olives, sauces, sea salts, fresh cut flowers and retail gifts.
Made-to-order Neapolitan pizzas from the wood-fire pizza oven also will be available for pick-up and dine-in with delivery is coming soon.
CiboDivino Marketplace and Caffe is located at located at 1868 Sylvan Avenue, D100.