Normaâ€™s Cafe, an original Dallas dining icon, has strived to give back to the Dallas/Fort Worth community in various ways since the restaurantâ€™s founding year in 1956.Â Throughout 2015,Â the Normaâ€™s Cafe family was able to serve more than 95 organizationsÂ by donatingÂ more than$50,000Â across the MetroplexÂ that reflect its diverse customer base and the causes its guests support.
â€œAt Normaâ€™s Cafe, we are humbled to be able to bring awareness to local organizations and provide resources to help give back to the community that continues to support us throughout the years,â€ saidÂ Ed Murph, owner of Normaâ€™s Cafe.Â â€œOur team is dedicated to keeping community service at the forefront of our values, and we look forward to continuing our efforts in 2016.â€
A few of these initiatives, in addition to various silent auctions, first responder discounts, golf tournaments, school PTAs and other charitable causes, include:
- North Texas Food BankÂ â€“ Raised more than $12,500 for the North Texas Food Bank, which equates to 37,500 meals for North Texas residents
- American Red Crossâ€“ Raised more than $2,000 for the American Red Cross North Texas Region
- Operation KindnessÂ â€“ Raised more than $1,300for the organization, as well as secured two pet adoptions throughout the event, Dog Days of Summer
- Komen 3-Day for the Cureâ€“ Supported three teams, â€œBreast Friends Forever,â€ â€œPink Phoenix,â€ and â€œAngels for the Cureâ€ and together raised more than $1,700
- Salvation Armyâ€“ Hosted Salvation Army Angel Trees at theÂ North Dallas and FriscoÂ locations, which secured 120 Angels adopted and countless donations for children in need; Donated lunch numerous times throughout the year
In addition to these efforts, the Cafe hosted its two annual events this holiday season, including its 27th Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner and Postcards for the Troops. TheThanksgiving dinner at the Oak Cliff location provided more than 7,500 mealsÂ to individuals and families
in need, whileÂ more than 5,000 postcards were sent to troops overseas, which included words of thanks, well wishes and happy holidays from Normaâ€™s Cafe guests.
For more information about the Normaâ€™s Cafe on W. Davis Street, Dallas Parkway or in Frisco, having Normaâ€™s Cafe cater your next meal or ordering its famous Mile-High Piesâ„¢, callÂ (972) 820-5871Â or visitÂ www.NormasCafe.com.