Norma’s Cafe, an original Dallas dining icon, has strived to give back to the Dallas/Fort Worth community in various ways since the restaurant’s founding year in 1956. Throughout 2015, the Norma’s Cafe family was able to serve more than 95 organizations by donating more than$50,000 across the Metroplex that reflect its diverse customer base and the causes its guests support.
“At Norma’s Cafe, we are humbled to be able to bring awareness to local organizations and provide resources to help give back to the community that continues to support us throughout the years,” said Ed Murph, owner of Norma’s Cafe. “Our team is dedicated to keeping community service at the forefront of our values, and we look forward to continuing our efforts in 2016.”
A few of these initiatives, in addition to various silent auctions, first responder discounts, golf tournaments, school PTAs and other charitable causes, include:
- North Texas Food Bank – Raised more than $12,500 for the North Texas Food Bank, which equates to 37,500 meals for North Texas residents
- American Red Cross– Raised more than $2,000 for the American Red Cross North Texas Region
- Operation Kindness – Raised more than $1,300for the organization, as well as secured two pet adoptions throughout the event, Dog Days of Summer
- Komen 3-Day for the Cure– Supported three teams, “Breast Friends Forever,” “Pink Phoenix,” and “Angels for the Cure” and together raised more than $1,700
- Salvation Army– Hosted Salvation Army Angel Trees at the North Dallas and Frisco locations, which secured 120 Angels adopted and countless donations for children in need; Donated lunch numerous times throughout the year
In addition to these efforts, the Cafe hosted its two annual events this holiday season, including its 27th Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner and Postcards for the Troops. TheThanksgiving dinner at the Oak Cliff location provided more than 7,500 meals to individuals and families
in need, while more than 5,000 postcards were sent to troops overseas, which included words of thanks, well wishes and happy holidays from Norma’s Cafe guests.
For more information about the Norma’s Cafe on W. Davis Street, Dallas Parkway or in Frisco, having Norma’s Cafe cater your next meal or ordering its famous Mile-High Pies™, call (972) 820-5871 or visit www.NormasCafe.com.