What is Dallas’ favorite pastime? If your answer is drinking craft cocktails and grubbing on some delicious food, you are 100% correct. With so many places to go, if you haven’t had the pleasure of enjoying The Cedars Social you have been missing out. Tucked away in The Cedars neighborhood on S. Lamar St., this cozy little joint makes your wildest food dreams come true. With the addition of Chef Justin Box, the menu has kicked it up a notch with some creative items that will get you in the mood for some cooler weather. Pair that with some strong drinks and you are in for a night to remember. Let’s take a look at some of the amazing dishes and cocktails that The Cedars Social is offering this Fall.
(front) – Ten Minutes ‘Til Midnight featuring Sheep Dip scotch, vanilla syrup, Suze and Cynar adorned with espresso beans in a lemon peel rose.
(back) – Green Eggs & Hami featuring Zephyr gin, salted hami melon shrub, lime, egg white and a Green Chartreuse rinse topped with a lovely edible flower.
- Pumpkin Asadero Taquitos – Pepita chimichurri, Guajillo salsa and TGH Farms arugula
- Black Garlic Hummus -Â Candied pecans, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) paired with house made flatbread
- Grains and Greens -Â Baby kale, red wheat berry, chicken chicharrones, peppers, cranberry, orange sherry vinaigrette
- Fresh Catch -Â Delicata squash, brussel Sprout Hash (which is to die for!), house made sausage
- Pairs well with Little James Basket Press Sauvignon Blanc
- Fried Chicken – Braised collar greens, sweet potatoes accompanied with a house made biscuit
- Pairs well with Beets Me cocktail – Bulleit bourbon, golden beet and parsnip shrub, Lillet and soda
- Ribeye -Â Turnip potato salad, grilled cipollini onion
- Pairs well with Cedars Old Fashioned – Buffalo Trace bourbon, vanilla syrup, cedar smoke, cherry and black walnut bitters
- Pork Schnitzel -Â Spaetzel, cabbage with house made mustard
- Pairs well with the Loch and Key – Kraken rum, vanilla syrup, Benedictine and Laphroaig
And don’t forget to save room for dessert!
Everything is made with great attention to detail from where the ingredients are sourced to how they are incorporated into each and every dish prepared from Chef Justin Box’s small yet efficient domain. Do yourself a favor and make this place your new spot to hang with friends, co-workers or take your significant other on a culinary journey!
My meal was complementary and my opinions and photos are those of my own.