Looking for a little extra nutrition to add to your smoothie? Or your popcorn and salads?
PINES Mighty Greens is a perfect way to sneak in TONS of nutrients. I prefer to add mine to the conventional smoothie :o) The Mighty Greens product is a simple and effective nutrient-dense, dark green blend of organic wheatgrass, organic alfalfa, and organic hemp protein! Lightly sweetened with organic stevia, you won’t miss that devilish sugar.
Why eat more green leafy veggies? You already know. But here it is anyway:
- Increased consumption of veggies may reduce incidence of cancer and heart disease (and leads to fewer health problems in general!)
- One teaspoon of powder supplies nearly the same nutrition as a serving as spinach (flat stomach, oh yeah)
- GLUTEN FREE! (Which if you have an autoimmune disease like me, reduced inflammation is a good thing. Also, GF is cool now?)
The Mighty Greens product is also USDA certified organic, non-GMO project verified and OU kosher.
It’s available in an 8-oz powder container and comes with 28 servings – that’s a lot of smoothies.
When I received my Mighty Greens it came with a little slip promoting the glass bottle packaging, which apparently makes a huge difference! The oxygen-free amber glass bottles are specially designed with metal caps to keep outside air and humidity from devitalizing the quality. Sweeeeeeeet.
Here are three reasons why PINES is healthy:
1. Their greens are harvested at peak-nutrition time in the jointing stage.
2. Naturally-grown wheatgrass contains more nutrition than tray grass.
3. Other companies harvest the wheatgrass PAST the jointing stage, called “flag grass,” when the wheatgrass is literally dried out and drained of its nutritional concentration!
PINES has lots of other products available, too, such as:
- Barley Grass
- Beet Powder
- Green Duo (wheatgrass & alfalfa)
All of these products are either offered in powder or tablets. Check out wheatgrass.com for more information and yummy recipes! 🙂
(Disclaimer: I was provided with a sample, and all thoughts are my own.)