Since Meso Mayaâ€™s inception in 2011, Chef Nico Sanchez has been â€œwow-ingâ€ guests with creative dishes offering an adventurous use of fresh, bold and earthy flavors. Meso Maya has recently introduced a new menu featuring even more of the flavorful and authentic Mexican dishes Meso Maya has become known for.
â€œWith this new menu, we have introduced more original flavors and dishes from Jalisco, MichoacÃ¡n and Oaxaca, Mexico,â€ says Executive Chef Nico Sanchez. â€œThese new dishes will offer guests distinctive flavor combinations, and paired with one of our authentic new cocktails or a glass of Spanish wine from our new wine list, will provide a one-of-a-kind culinary experience.â€
Start with the crunchy and addictive kurobuta pork jaw Chicharrones and perhaps Meso Mayaâ€™s version of an Old Fashioned, the El Viejo, made with DeLeon Reposado Tequila versus the traditional bourbon or whiskey. Each bold and savory new dish offers a unique flavor that is sure to delight every taste palate, from the Kobe Beef with salsa de tomate and traditional michoacan-style tamale, to the Short Rib Relleno, featuring egg-battered chile relleno filled with queso de rancho.
In addition, Meso Mayaâ€™s all-new wine list includes exquisite and exciting varietals from Mexico, Argentina, Spain and Texas that enhance the flavors of each dish found on the new menu. Meso Mayaâ€™s new menu also features six variations of mezcal, often referred to as â€œOaxacaâ€™s cognacâ€ by producers of the spirit, for those who prefer their drink complex and smoky. Meso Maya also features an extensive tequila list of over 50 offerings.
Meso Mayaâ€™s new menu is now available at both the Preston and Forest location and the Downtown restaurant, across from the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
Highlights of Meso Mayaâ€™s new menu include:
- Chicharrones: Kurobuta pork jaw chicharrones with salsa verde, queso de rancho, served with handmade white corn tortillas
- Kobe Beef: Flat iron steak, salsa de tomate, acelgas, served with a traditional michoacan-style tamale, crema Mexicana
- Pollo Natural: Seared all-natural chicken breast, green calabacitas, queso de rancho, white rice, corn masa chochoyotes, chile gÃ¼ero salsa
- Short Rib Relleno: Egg-battered chile relleno, filled with queso de rancho, served in a traditional tomato salsa with white rice and a short rib guiso with chile pasilla
- Herradura Salmon: Tamarind-glazed Scottish salmon, charred Brussels sprouts, crushed piquin, chile-gÃ¼ero chayote puree
Meso Maya – N. Dallas //Â 11909 Preston Rd,Â Dallas,Â TXÂ 75230 // foursquare
Meso Maya – Vicory Park //Â 1611 McKinney Ave.,Â Dallas,Â TXÂ 75202 // foursquare