Since Meso Maya’s inception in 2011, Chef Nico Sanchez has been “wow-ing” guests with creative dishes offering an adventurous use of fresh, bold and earthy flavors. Meso Maya has recently introduced a new menu featuring even more of the flavorful and authentic Mexican dishes Meso Maya has become known for.
“With this new menu, we have introduced more original flavors and dishes from Jalisco, Michoacán and Oaxaca, Mexico,” says Executive Chef Nico Sanchez. “These new dishes will offer guests distinctive flavor combinations, and paired with one of our authentic new cocktails or a glass of Spanish wine from our new wine list, will provide a one-of-a-kind culinary experience.”
Start with the crunchy and addictive kurobuta pork jaw Chicharrones and perhaps Meso Maya’s version of an Old Fashioned, the El Viejo, made with DeLeon Reposado Tequila versus the traditional bourbon or whiskey. Each bold and savory new dish offers a unique flavor that is sure to delight every taste palate, from the Kobe Beef with salsa de tomate and traditional michoacan-style tamale, to the Short Rib Relleno, featuring egg-battered chile relleno filled with queso de rancho.
In addition, Meso Maya’s all-new wine list includes exquisite and exciting varietals from Mexico, Argentina, Spain and Texas that enhance the flavors of each dish found on the new menu. Meso Maya’s new menu also features six variations of mezcal, often referred to as “Oaxaca’s cognac” by producers of the spirit, for those who prefer their drink complex and smoky. Meso Maya also features an extensive tequila list of over 50 offerings.
Meso Maya’s new menu is now available at both the Preston and Forest location and the Downtown restaurant, across from the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
Highlights of Meso Maya’s new menu include:
- Chicharrones: Kurobuta pork jaw chicharrones with salsa verde, queso de rancho, served with handmade white corn tortillas
- Kobe Beef: Flat iron steak, salsa de tomate, acelgas, served with a traditional michoacan-style tamale, crema Mexicana
- Pollo Natural: Seared all-natural chicken breast, green calabacitas, queso de rancho, white rice, corn masa chochoyotes, chile güero salsa
- Short Rib Relleno: Egg-battered chile relleno, filled with queso de rancho, served in a traditional tomato salsa with white rice and a short rib guiso with chile pasilla
- Herradura Salmon: Tamarind-glazed Scottish salmon, charred Brussels sprouts, crushed piquin, chile-güero chayote puree