A few short weeks ago, we got a message from our friend Valery who is the owner of Val’s Cheesecake. He wanted to bring several of us together to help the local restaurants! Within a matter of days Val’s vision started coming to life.
A Facebook group, called “Val’s Pals” was formed to help organize all the logistics.
Here’s what you need to know about Takeout Tuesday DFW!
Every Tuesday (quite possibly for the rest of 2020!) we will be featuring a specific area of DFW. We will be working with the businesses in those areas to give you specials for that particular Tuesday!
There are two places to receive the most up to date information:
There is no cost for restaurants who chose to participate. We are doing this to share the love and bring in new and repeat customers. Of course, we all know Dallas Food Nerds love a good deal!
There are over 30 local food and lifestyle bloggers working together on this initiative. If you’d like to help, or you have a restaurant who would like to partner with us feel free to shoot us an email and I’ll get ya connected the neighborhood lead.
Here are some of our upcoming locations around Dallas:
- Fair Park + Cedars area
- Uptown + Victory Park
- Deep Ellum
- Downtown + West End area
- East Dallas + Lakewood + Lake Highlands
- Bishop Arts + Oak Cliff
- Design District + Oak Lawn + Turtle Creek
- Park Cities
- West Village + Knox area
- Trinity Groves
Because DFW is so spread out, we are also planning to support several local suburb areas.
Here are some of our upcoming locations around DFW suburbs we will feature as well:
- Irving + Las Colinas + Coppell
- Addison + North Dallas
- Grapevine + Southlake + Colleyville
- McKinney + Allen
We are only officially one week in and we are already loving all of the positive feedback! We will keep y’all updated along the journey.
Checkout what people are saying about #TakeoutTuesdayDFW
- “This really focuses all of our energy together and makes us able to do more,” Takeout Tuesday DFW, Social Media Manager Rachel Pinn said. // CBS DFW
- “Thank you so much for supporting local businesses, and supporting our community because that’s what Takeout Tuesday DFW is really all about”. TheYumSideofLife