Can we just talk about how fast October went by? Here’s a look at new restaurant specials and events going on this month throughout DFW!
The Gin Mill debuts fall cocktails
Enjoy new fall cocktails at The Gin Mill. Hand-crafted cocktails are muddled, shaken and stirred to order by the experts. Seasonal libations include The Monarch (Aylesbury Duck & Weave Vodka, strawberry, rhubarb syrup and soda), The 21st Amendment (cardamon infused TX Bourbon, Laird’s Apple Brandy, lemon, honey syrup and soda) and the Em-pearor (Tito’s Vodka, muddled house spiced pear, pear liquor, thyme syrup, lemon and soda).
Pollo Tropical opens in Denton
Pollo Tropical, will be opening its fourth DFW-area location in Denton on October 31. The beloved Florida-based concept will showcase its distinctly Caribbean flavors to the local community with its handcrafted food based on the islands’ melting pot of culinary cultures. (Located at 2220 South Loop 288 in Denton)
Modmarket comes to Plano
Colorado-based farm fresh eatery, Modmarket, opened its second DFW location in Plano this week. The casual restaurant offers a variety of guilt-free, affordable meals. See our review here.
Fireside Pies opens for lunch in Grapevine and Plano
Fireside Pies rolled out a new mid-day menu featuring specialty sandwiches, salads, and of course, pizza! Additionally, new menu items to forward to include:
- Meatball Grinder: Roasted ragu, smoked provolone, sweet onion relish and mayo on an Italian roll
- Grilled Cheese & Peppers: Gruyere, Port Salut, triple-cream brie, basil, piquillo and peppadew peppers on sourdough
- Country Chicken Salad: Balsamic roasted chicken, Granny Smith apples, dried cranberries, walnuts and celery in rosemary aioli with peperonata and arugula on whole grain
- Italian Hero: Fennel salami, coppa and mortadella with gruyere, smoked mozzarella, pickled peppers and onions, pepperoncinis and mayo on an Italian roll.
New seasonal menu items at Max’s Wine Dive
Executive Chef Patrick Russell of Max’s Wine Dive launched several new dishes to celebrate the fall season. Take a look!
- Marinated Mushroom Toast with hen of the woods mushrooms, local manchego cheese, lobster mushroom demi-glace and pickled celery (can be made vegetarian)
- Chicken Fried Brussels Sprouts with spicy romesco sauce and Pecorino Romano
- Clam Chowder with celery root and bacon chowder with littleneck clams
- Duck & Dumplings with duck confit, duck fat dumplings, Swiss chard and apple
- Pork Osso Buco with cider braised pork shank, cheddar polenta and greens
Proof + Pantry now open for lunch
Proof + Pantry is now open for lunch every Tuesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Located at 1722 Routh St., Dallas, TX 75201). Menu items include:
- Daily Shellfish Selection Market Price: Chilled Shrimp and Oysters
- Mixed Greens + Shaved Veggies $10: Add Chicken 8, Add Shrimp 4ea.
- Beet Salad $12: Green Goddess, Kale Chips, Farmer’s Cheese
- Pantry Burger $15: House Blend, Caramelized Onions, American Cheese
- Roasted Vegetable Sandwich $13: Eggplant, Squash, Zucchini, Red Pepper, Pesto
- Pressed Chicken Sandwich $14: Black Truffle Butter, Asparagus Fontina Cheese
- Lobster Roll $18: Lobster Salad, Buttered Bun
- Handmade Pasta $17: Nanna’s Meatballs, Red Gravy, Shaved Asiago
- Steak Frites $21: 44 Farms Tri Tip, Hand Cut Fries
- Catch of the Day Market Price: Chef’s Daily Prep
- Baked Goods $8: Pastry Chef Selection
Hopdoddy celebrates fall with new Japanese pumpkin burger
From now through November 2, Hopdoddy offers The Great Kabocha Burger. This burger is made with spicy pumpkin butter, Jalapeño coleslaw, and pepper jack cheese on top of a Kabocha patty with tomato, cilantro leaves, and Chipotle mayo on a wheat bun. Grab this burger for $10 at the Uptown and Preston Center locations.
Taverna Rossa hosts birthday party, Nov. 1
Taverna Rossa commemorates its first year at Lakeside Market with an all-day party Saturday, November 1 with live-music, great food, craft beer, raffle and complimentary Premiere Booth photos. (Located at 4005 Preston Road, Suite 512 at the Lakeside Market in Plano)
Dallas Chop House re-opens Nov. 3
Dallas Chop House will re-open to the public for dinner on Monday, November 3. Lunch service will begin in early 2015. The restaurant will feature new menu items and a revamped look. (Located at 1717 Main Street in the Comerica Bank Building in Downtown Dallas)
Moviehouse & Eatery comes to Keller, Nov. 7
Moviehouse & Eatery Keller, comes to Keller from Austin on November 7. (Located in the Keller Town Center at 250 Rufe Snow Drive Keller, TX 76248) The opening brings a new dine-in movie experience to Tarrant County, offering residents of the area the perfect cinema-going experience for date nights, family events, girls’ night out or anything in between. See the full menu here.
Nestle’s new pumpkin flavors
Nestlé Toll House Cafés are serving up their popular pumpkin spice lattes and freshly baked pumpkin spice cookies through November 30.