Fogo de Chão, a staple when it comes to Brazilian steakhouses, just opened an Uptown location (2619 McKinney Ave) and invited Dallas Food Nerd to come in for a group dinner. Of course we couldn’t say no! The team was excited to get together over fine food and drinks, especially at one of our favorite restaurants.
Along with the new Uptown opening, Fogo debuted three big menu additions, taking guests on a captivating culinary adventure through Southern Brazil without leaving the comfort of their table or bar seats. First you have the new Bar Fogo – a casual alternative for guests looking to enjoy the Brazilian art of churrasco. This concept features an expanded menu that includes a refined array of new Brazilian Bites, Brazilian-inspired craft cocktails and South American wines. Coupled with an enriched Bar Fogo Happy Hour program at attractive price points, these two enhancements perfectly complement Fogo’s new spring menu additions that include seasonal salads and soup. Some of the small plates include:
- Braised Beef Rib Sliders: Brazilian Xingu beer braised beef is topped with caramelized onions and smoked provolone, served on a brioche bun.
- Brazilian Empanadas: Flaky pastry filled with seasoned picanha and onions served with Chimichurri aioli for dipping.
- Garlic Shrimp: Four jumbo shrimp sautéed in garlic butter with sweet peppers and onions, served with passion fruit dipping sauce.
Bar Fogo Happy Hour is available Monday through Friday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.and includes great pricing like $4 Brazilian Bites & Beers, $6 South American Wines, $8 cocktails.
The expanded Bar Fogo menu also features new hand-crafted Caipirinhas and Brazilian inspired cocktails including:
- Strawberry Hibiscus Caipirinha: Silver cachaça is mixed with hibiscus-infused syrup, fresh strawberries, and lime for a tasty twist on Brazil’s national cocktail.
- Mango Habanero Caipirinha: Limes, mangoes and habanero peppers are muddled with silver cachaça for a sizzling kick destined to jumpstart any Happy Hour.
- Brazilian Gentleman: Knob Creek Rye Bourbon, passion fruit, tawny port, Amargo Chuncho bitters and honey blend together seamlessly in this premium cocktail.
- Brazilian Nights: Belvedere Vodka joins forces with passion fruit, cinnamon honey, lemon ginger tincture and La Marca Prosecco for the ultimate evening drink.
With a new season comes new food items, and that’s just what Fogo has put together. Their new spring menu items include:
- Blackberry Arugula Salad: This flavorful arugula salad features fresh blackberries and spring onions and is topped with goat cheese, crispy prosciutto and served with a blackberry balsamic vinaigrette.
- Lentil Quinoa Salad: This colorful salad features quinoa and green lentils, finely diced red onion and red bell pepper and is garnished with fresh chopped parsley and basil.
- Carrot Ginger Soup: Sweet spring carrots are blended with coconut milk and ginger for a delicious vegan treat.
- Mango Ginger Martini: Ketel One Citroen, fresh mango, South American ginger and honey lemon elixir is garnished with fresh basil.
I know it may be hard to save some room for dessert after all that steak, but really, you can’t skip the sweet bites here. The desserts are big enough for sharing with 2-3 people, too. We sampled flan, cheesecake, chocolate molten cake and key lime pie. (Drooling yet??)
For more information on the new Bar Fogo and spring menu offerings or to make dining reservations, please visit http://www.fogo.com.
(Disclaimer: Our team was invited for a menu tasting, and all opinions are our own.)