The Ivy Kitchen is a great American style restaurant nestled in the heart of Addison, Texas. There are many factors that make this nicely tucked hideaway a great place to meet friends and family for a quick drink or for a full blown celebratory event.
Let’s start with location-I’m a huge movie fan and it’s nice to see that The Ivy Kitchen is literally a stone’s throw from the front entrance of LOOK Cinemas right off Belt Line Road. There’s plenty of ample parking on the sides and back of the restaurant with an option to take advantage of valet parking if necessary.
But let’s be honest, you wanna know all about the food, right? Well, it does not disappoint!
My trip was an enjoyable combination of old friends, new friends and a delectable presentation of comfort food with a modern twist. The wine pairing was a welcome and hearty accompaniment to the evening!
- Dragon Roll made with tempura shrimp, ahi tuna, Hamachi, avocado, tempura crunch
- Paired with Fleur de Mer Rose
- Maryland Style Blue Lump Crab Cakes made with 95% pure crab & served with house-made Old Bay tartar sauce and coleslaw
- Paired with MacMurray Pinot Gris
- Chicken Scallopini
- Paired with The Calling Chardonnay
- Petite Filet + Sautéed Shrimp drizzled with Cajun cream sauce
- Paired with Penfolds Bin 28 Shiraz
- Sticky Toffee Cake served with mascarpone whipped cream and pecans
- Paired with Etude Pinot Noir
Next time you’re in Addison, why not make a night of it? The Ivy Kitchen is a delicious end (or beginning) to an evening out on the town.
Disclosure: I received an invitation for a complimentary tasting, all opinions are my own.